Basic Minimum Wage - what documents you need

This is a registration service only; the council does not decide on applications

9 september 2020

The council is continuing to offer an application assistance service for Adeje residents who wish to apply for the IMV (Ingreso Minimo Vital, or Basic Minimum Wage).  The service is operated at the ‘Escuela de Convivencia’, in Las Nieves, appointments can be made online or by phone 922 756200 and there is a translator available on most Tuesdays at the present time. 

To apply for assistance through the service, you must be on the Adeje padrón.  To apply for the basic minimum wage you will have to meet all the requirements as laid down by central government. These include the requirement that you are between 23 and 65 years of age, are currently economically vulnerable (your household costs are not covered by the money you are earning), have been be permanently resident in Spain for at least a year and are legally resident in the country (if you are a foreign resident).   

On the day of the appointment you will need to bring originals and photocopies of your documentation. They include:

  • Your identification papers, NIE/DNI, passports, and Spanish residency papers and those of the rest of your household
  • Your 'padrón' (Adeje resident register) papers, and your 'convivencia' document, showing how many are registered as living in the household.
  • 'Libro de la familia', the official book you should have if your children have been born and registered here in Spain. 
  • Information official regarding you tax declaration for 2019
  • Your social security number (usually on a work contract/your 'vida laboral')
  • Your bank account number

The basic minimum wage will range from €462 - €1015 per month depending on the number of people living in the household and the monthly income from all relevant sources.